Fast and robust busbar protection is critical to ensuring the reliability and safety of transmission substations and their power networks. Failure to clear busbar faults in a timely manner has the potential to severely damage the entire substation, causing prolonged outages. By implementing Synaptec’s Refase™ technology, multiple active units can be combined into a single system, substantially eliminating the need for power supplies, copper wiring, digital and networks in the yard. The resulting reductions realised in civil work, materials and outage times bring significant savings to capital and operational expenditure.
- Western Protective Relay Conference | 9–12 Oct 2023
- Floating Offshore Wind | 4-5 Oct 2023
- Synaptec chosen as a 2023 WIRED Trailblazer by WIRED Magazine and HSBC UK
- SPE Offshore Europe | 5–8 Sep 2023
- Synaptec co-founder to lead £10M EPSRC Prosperity Partnership to build digital twin of future UK energy networks