As the drive towards a decarbonised, decentralised and digitalised energy industry continues, the industry is increasingly focused on digitalising a core element of every grid – the substation. But digitalising a substation is not without challenges. The initial high investment and concerns over the operation of protection and control systems are significant hurdles which the industry needs to overcome. In this white paper, we explore the latest innovations leveraging IEC 61850 to improve the relevance of digital twins, simplification of substation design and the automation of asset condition monitoring.
- 3rd Annual Subsea Cable Installation, Asset Management and Reliability Forum | 12-13 April 2023
- Solving Complex Feeder Protection Challenges and Reducing Wildfire Risks With Remote Measurements
- Wind Expo Japan | 15 – 17 Mar 2023
- T&D World Webinar | Enabling wide area protection with IEC 61850 – Panel discussion
- Elecrama 2023 | 18 – 22 Feb 2023