Overhead line monitoring – Webinar
16 December 2020
Find out how Synaptec’s overhead line monitoring provides an unmatched range, reliability, and ease of installation, and delivers Real-Time Thermal Rating (RTTR) reliably over asset lifetimes.
True RTTR (Real Time Thermal Rating) / DCR (Dynamic Cable Rating)
- Overhead lines are widely used to efficiently delivery power over vast distances.
- As these assets are often in very remote or inaccessible areas, live monitoring is a challenge.
- Due to considerable temperature variation from extreme head to cold, providing a single technology solution has been a challenge.
- Unlock the maximum available capacity without causing damage to the line.
- Allow for line maintenance to be highly targeted to problem areas.
- Instant decision support to avoid damage to the line.
- The ability to automatically de-ice the OHL to stop excessive ice build-up.
Learn how the Synaptec solution delivers:
- Live dynamic line rating.
- Real-time sag, vibration and temperature monitoring.
- Current and voltage monitoring using the photonic transducers, correlated and timestamped.
- Line load management delivering higher line availability.
- Automatic alarms.
- Power quality measurements using the Photonic CT or VT.
- Instant detection of ice build-up (can allow for automatic de-icing).
- Easy retrofit on existing cables using split-core sensors.
Webinar broadcast date: 16th December 2020
16h00 BST | 15h00 GMT | 45 Minute session
08h00 Los Angeles |11h00 New York | 16h00 London | 17h00 Paris | 17h00 Amsterdam | 17h00 Johannesburg | 08h00 New Delhi | 23h00 Singapore